Automated Batch Processing
Simulation and Modeling Solution
Users of job scheduling products from CA and Cisco are challenged with understanding the impact of changes in their batch runtime environment. For example:
- What will happen if I add new jobs to a schedule or a new application?
- What happens if I change a batch sequence or job dependencies?
- Will changes affect performance, batch run times, or other execution dependencies?
While most users have separate instances of the scheduler for development and test environments they often struggle to maintain a true representation of their production scheduling environment with accurate execution criteria and run times. More importantly, customers are challenged running production batches in their development and test environment because of resource constraints, cost, and the inability to execute the actual application commands associated with the workloads.
These challenges make it nearly impossible for application developers to design, build, and test batch applications in a real-time environment that reflects production. Not having such an environment reduces the ability to test and model different batch scenarios to achieve the optimal solution for production.
If users could easily deploy and maintain an environment that would allow for automated batch processing with simulation and modeling, they could significantly lower the risk and cost of deploying changes into production.
How do job scheduling users effectively and efficiently provide such an environment?
The answer is Terma Simulation and Modeling. Terma Software, based on years of experience building and testing our Analytics product with supported job scheduling products, has developed an automated batch processing solution to build and maintain a simulation environment that allows you to test and analyze batch application changes. Our solution significantly reduces the effort required to maintain an accurate picture of your production runtime environment. The batch environment includes a separate instance of the scheduler that is virtualized using Terma’s software. Virtualizing your batch in this way allows it to execute it as though it is in real-time. Our software even virtualizes your agents, reducing agent licensing costs. Terma provides the tools you need to simulate, analyze, and compare complex scenarios to assess the potential impact to the production batch workload.
Model changes in your workload environment before implementing in production
- Lower the risk of changes and new applications impacting current production workloads
- Avoid unexpected outcomes due to change in your production workload environment
- Provide a virtual representation of your production environment for testing and QA
- Minimize the cost associated with building and maintaining a non-production workload environment including labor costs, license costs, and hardware/software costs
For more information, please contact Terma Software at Info@TermaLabs.com