Sr. Database and SQL Developer (Boulder, CO)
April 2, 2015 2:52 pm
Terma Software is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Boulder, Co. A leader in the rapidly growing field of IT Workload Analytics (ITOA), Terma’s products enable companies to optimize critical workloads and align IT to the business by providing SLA management, forecasting, prediction, and reporting. Terma’s products are essential to most Fortune 500 companies who depend on our cutting-edge technology to reduce risk and efficiently manage workload operations.
Terma is looking for a Database and SQL developer with exceptional SQL development skills to join our engineering team. This is a chance to be involved in the design and development of the next generation of sophisticated IT data analytics. The company is a great place to work – smart people, interesting ideas, and teamwork combine to create innovative solutions everyday.
The ideal candidate will have a broad set of database skills including Oracle/MS SQL/Sybase database administration, stored procedure development, database and performance tuning and optimization, data warehouse design experience and have the ability to work in a fast-paced Agile development environment. The Sr. SQL developer will participate in all phases of development – including technical design, implementation, and quality assurance.
- Work with software engineers to design and implement data architecture to support distributed and high volume database using relational or NoSQL technology
- Develop efficient and high performance stored procedures
- Improve and tune the performance of database system, build performance bench mark for critical business data operations.
- Data warehouse design and implementation
- Work with QA to ensure proper testing coverage and help with performance testing and tuning
- Work with tech support team to reproduce customer issues and provide technical solutions for customer database support issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years experience with Oracle, MS SQL or Sybase database administration
- Extreme SQL optimization and performance tuning skills
- Strong background working with the large data sets in a high-speed, high-availability environment.
- Strong ETL and data warehouse design experience
- NoSQL database design will be a huge plus
Work ability / organization skills
- Enjoys a start-up atmosphere where all team members pitch in to do what’s necessary to make our customers happy and ensure the company’s success
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to manage assigned tasks and take own initiative to coordinate and complete assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
Contact: Please send resumes to email@example.com