Sr. Java Engineer- (Boulder, CO)
March 17, 2015 3:57 am
Terma Software is a leader in the rapidly growing field of IT operations analytics (ITOA). Terma’s technology enables companies to optimize critical workloads and align IT to the business by providing predictive analytics, SLA management, forecasting, and reporting. Terma’s products are essential to Fortune 500 companies need to reduce risk and efficiently manage their workload operations.
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a software engineer with exceptional Java development skills to join our engineering team. This is a chance to be involved in the design and development of the next generation of sophisticated IT big data analytics.
Why should you work with us? Because you want to work in a thriving small company. You don’t play at office politics. You are easy to get along with and love wearing jeans to work. You’re smart, have interesting ideas, and like a teamwork atmosphere of peers. You want to live in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. to enjoy the great outdoors; biking, skiing, the mountains and 300+ days of sunshine!
- Work with technical leadership and product management to evaluate and architect innovative solutions for meeting our product delivery goals.
- Participate in the implementation of our solutions including estimation, detailed design, coding and unit/integration testing
- Collaborate with QA to ensure proper testing coverage and that unit and/or integration tests are built for all system modules
- Other projects and duties as deemed appropriate
Skills & Experience
The Sr. Java Engineer will participate in all phases of development – including technical design, implementation, and quality assurance.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years experience with:
- Java server-side technologies, preferably Guice, Hibernate, and JBoss
- Experience supporting multiple databases using ORM or JDBC technology
- Experience of RESTful API development
- Continuous integration development with Subversion, Gradle and Hudson, or similar technologies
- Test-driven development with JUnit or similar unit testing tool
- Agile development; familiarity with Rally a plus
- Experience with statistical sampling, workflow systems, advanced algorithms, artificial intelligence
or enterprise schedulers from IBM, BMC or CA a huge plus.
Work ability / organization skills
- Enjoys a start-up atmosphere and is able to put in the time necessary (what does this mean?) to make the company a success
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to accomplish assigned tasks and take own initiative to coordinate and complete tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Mathematics or equivalent work experience, a Master’s in CS a plus